Conversation and speaker series.
All Scheduled Dates
Grief: Let's Talk
Gain a helpful foundation for understanding and addressing grief, loss, and healing. This course presents research-based information and addresses common myths about grief. We will start exploring ways grief and loss may impact our work and wellbeing, and steps we can take to support ourselves and others.
During this course, participants will:
- Learn the typical features of acute and long-term reactions to the loss of a loved one
- Recognize signs of prolonged/complicated grief
- Learn special considerations for supporting bereaved BIPOC individuals and religious/spiritual individuals
- Learn strategies for providing emotional support to a bereaved individual
- Understand the potential personal impact of supporting bereaved individuals and ways to care for oneself as one cares for others
What to expect
This course will include film clips and large group discussions. We invite participants to be on camera.
This course is open to staff of any non-profit organization or government agency that delivers social services in NYC.