Deliver High Quality Programs
We equip social service providers with relevant, actionable behavioral health tools.
- Apply lessons from practice and research in behavioral health, implementation science, and adult learning
- Co-design programs that respond to real situations providers encounter, settings they work in, and communities they serve
- Prioritize experiential learning, with opportunities for skills practice, reflection, rest, connection, and joy
- Promote skill gains and practice changes through training, ongoing coaching, and implementation support
- Create paths to continued learning, career advancement, and academic credit
Center Community Capabilities
We center the diverse expertise, relationships, and healing practices in communities and community-based organizations. We locate power to improve behavioral health in these capabilities.
- Acknowledge the personal and collective dimensions of harm and healing
- Learn about, uplift, and support healing work that is happening in communities
- Affirm the practice-based wisdom, strengths, and skills that social service providers bring
- Invite behavioral health specialists into new relationships with communities and community-based organizations
- Promote cross-disciplinary learning and collaboration, to include community expertise and Indigenous knowledge about care and wellbeing
- Translate promising strategies into practice in community settings
Address Systemic Harms
We seek to identify, acknowledge, and reduce harms related to racism and other systemic inequalities through our programming and partnerships.
- Acknowledge that historic and persistent racism and other systemic harms cause pain and drive related social, economic, and health disparities
- Challenge anti-Black racism and other forms of violence and discrimination
- Build knowledge and skills for community care
- Celebrate legacies of care, survival, resilience, and joy
- Work with curiosity and humility
- Invite empathy and understanding for the diverse and nuanced stories of people and communities most impacted
- Uplift practitioners and scholars who are involved in and committed to the communities they serve
- Advance healing-centered organizations that counter the impacts of racism and inequality within human services settings and in the ways providers interact with communities
Support Agency and Growth
We believe behavioral health and social services can and should expand self-determination and promote healing, growth, and joy.
- Invest in and protect the wellbeing of the helpers
- Equip social service providers to understand, engage, and support people impacted by trauma or behavioral health issues
- Advance affirming, person-centered services
- Cultivate our personal and collective capabilities for learning, growth, and healing
- Build skills for self-determination
- Expand pathways to healing to include organizing, collective action, and other helpful practices